Rechercher dans ce blog

Monday, November 27, 2023

Local baker part of global competition - CKNX News Today

Local baker and owner of Bakery Bliss in Blyth, Jess Miners, has made the final cut for a global competition for her cake-making skills.

It's called "The Greatest Baker", presented by Cake Boss' Buddy Valastro.

"It was actually just an ad on Facebook that I saw, quite honestly," said Miners, speaking about how she got involved. "It looked like a lot of fun. It's low risk, high reward. Even if I don't win, it's really great to get my name out there and share with the community, even on a global scale, these are my skills and this is what I do."

The contest is all voter based, meaning Miners needs the community's support to win. Voting opens on Monday, November 27, and contestants will be eliminated, until January, when the winner will be announced.

The winner will walk away with $10,000, a two page spread in Bake From Scratch, a very popular baking magazine, and will have the opportunity to meet Valastro.

"I grew up watching him," said Miners. "Right now, I could see myself winning and would be super ecstatic. But if that were to happen, I would be so speechless and wondering how I got there."

If she wins, Miners plans on investing in herself and her business.

"I would like to be able to open my own bakery here in our community," she said. "I love the idea of being able to bake and put smiles on people's faces. That's why I bake to begin with."

Miners calls baking as a full-time job the "ultimate dream." Putting smiles on people's faces is what initially started Bakery Bliss.

"I'm just a small town girl who just really loves to bake," she said. "For anyone out there who has something they're passionate about, don't be afraid of the risks. Follow it. Sometimes something as crazy as a Facebook ad will help you really focus in and decide it's time to follow that passion."

Voters can get one free vote a day. Additional votes can be purchased, with all proceeds going to the Andrew McDonough Be Positive Foundation, supporting families experiencing childhood cancer.

If you're interested in supporting Miners on her journey, you can vote here. You can also follow Bakery Bliss on Facebook to keep up with her journey.

Adblock test (Why?)


Local baker part of global competition - CKNX News Today
Read More

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ti Tree Local Court list, Friday, January 26 - NT News

[unable to retrieve full-text content] Ti Tree Local Court list, Friday, January 26    NT News Ti Tree Local Court list, Friday, January 2...